Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Update

Hi Everyone!

We are up to 12 participants which is great! Sign ups are still open though, until the end of the month.

I posted a couple of links for resources to buy yarn or dye online. The one link that I labeled Cheapest Jacquard dyes is amazon. It's the same stuff as on knitpicks, but cheaper. Even cheaper than the starter pack by like 20 cents a jar. And they have way more colors. I ended up buying 7 jars of it to try out. If you want just the primary colors, the best ones to get are Sapphire Blue, Sun Yellow, and Fire red. I got those plus black, pink, brown, and turquoise. I knew I didn't want to try and mix those colors. It was less than 30 bucks including shipping!

Also everyone check out Catnip Yarns. It's yarn at close to wholesale, but you don't need a wholesaler license. They are super friendly, and the yarn is top quality. For sock yarns go for Kona or even Treadsoft. They also sell by the cone which is even cheaper. :)

If anyone has a link they think should be added to the list, leave a comment and I'll add it!

No comments: